Ethics Council Malaysia – an initiative by Direct Selling Association of Malaysia (DSAM)
Dear Valued Distributors,
Kindly be informed that the Direct Selling Association of Malaysia (DSAM) has taken an initiative to curb and combat the ongoing and outgrowing activities of pyramid schemes, illegal investments and other illegal schemes. The launching of the Ethics Council Malaysia has been held at Wisma MCA, Jalan Ampang Kuala Lumpur on March 21st, 2017.
YB Dato’ Seri Hamzah bin Zainudin, Minister, Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (MDTCC) together with the President and Vice-President of DSAM @ Chairman of Ethics Council Malaysia, Mr Frederick Ng and YB Datuk Tan Chong Guan and YB Dato’ Dasaruddin bin Sadali, Deputy Secretary General (Domestic Trade), MDTCC have officiated the launching of the Ethics Council Malaysia earlier today. The launching ceremony was witnessed by the Board Members of DSAM, Ethics Council Members, DSAM Members and Independent Distributors and Agents of the Direct Selling Companies.
The role of the council are as below:
- To collaborate and deliberate on complaints and issues received of illegal schemes.
- Identify if the complaints are justified.
- Forward complaints to relevant authorities when found to be genuine.
- To escalate the complaint to media to warn the unsuspecting public, if necessary.
The Ethics Council Malaysia consists of representatives from;
- the Direct Selling Association of Malaysia (DSAM);
- Domestic Trade Division, Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism;
- Enforcement Division, Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism;
- Intelligence and Operations Unit, Royal Malaysia Police;
- Malaysia Chinese Association (MCA) Complaints Bureau;
- Federation of Chinese Associations Malaysia (Huazong);
- Wong & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International.
Procedures to file a complaint:
- Visit www.dsam.org.my and complete the Complaint Form found on the Ethics Council Section.
- The Ethics Council Malaysia Secretariat shall contact the complainant for additional information.
For more information, please contact DSAM at:
Contact: 03-7726 9232
Fax: 03-7726 9049
1702 Bloack A, Damansara Intan
1 Jalan SS 20/27, 47400, Petaling Jaya
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Enagic (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd would like to remind all our Independent Distributors to adhere to Enagic Policies and Procedures and in any event that violation to the provision of the agreement occurs, Enagic (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd would not be hesitated to take any disciplinary actions in accordance with Article #40 – Disciplinary Actions.
If you have any queries on the above, kindly call our Compliance Executive at 03-2282 2332.
Your kind understanding and continued support of Enagic is greatly appreciated.
Enagic Malaysia Sdn Bhd